Thursday, September 07, 2006

Emily commands it!

And thus I have a new post.

I would write in this thing more, but my life isn't terribly exciting as of late. I'm making up missed fasting days from last Ramadan before this Ramadan begins, and am thus doing lots and lots of fasting these next six weeks. I have a busy publishing schedule this fall and winter, and have the bad feeling I'm going to be without sleep most of November. School started again this week, so advanced inorganic and organic chemistry are back to haunt me.

But overall, I can't complain--I'm really happy these days. I love being surrounded by friends and family, and am finding more and more as I grow older that the people who surround me are responsible for 80% of my happiness. If I'm with people I love, I'm happy no matter what. If I'm away from the people I love, I can be miserable even in the face of enormous personal success.

So friends and family, love to you! You make me happy.

On a less stupid note, the doctor gave me a med today that's supposed to fix my knees! I hope it works, because my knees are FRICKIN' KILLING ME.

P.S.--Em, I heard about you guys getting the new apartment, and I'm dying to see it. I'll talk to Becca about making a trip up to see you guys (she's got no class on Fridays, so maybe she can skip a Monday). And hi, Sunita!

7 Comments:

Blogger Sunita said...

Yesssssssss! recognition! *cough*

HI MAGGIE!!! =)

5:08 AM  
Blogger Maggie Danger said...

Hey. I heard you bought a lot of good manga lately...have you been reading that manga? ^_^ Basara 19 was extremely pleasing to me, but Becca wasn't as much of a fan. I think they changed the guy who wrote the script, because it's worse now (but not terrible, at least). And Death Note 7 is very significant. ^_^

I was thinking about you a lot the other day, because I found my jar of purple friendship stars you gave me in, like, January, I think? My little sister loves those things. I was staring at them and thinking, "I miss my Sunita! I miss my girls!" I really wanna come up and see you guys, and I'm starting to think that's going to be possible before X-Mas because of Becca's new school schedule. I'll talk to her today and ask.

10:47 AM  
Blogger The Vampire, David said...

I have to mirror or echo those thoughts about friends and friendships. Seems no-one can really get by alone anymore- least of all me. Thanks Maggie (and Becca's thoughts) for keeping me sane this summer.

BTW, my Japanese class rocks! Doing Hiragana now and making quirky and awkward little flashcards now!

11:28 AM  
Blogger Jaecyn said...

SPAM ALERT!

Maggie... lives!

2:57 PM  
Blogger The Vampire, David said...

Just FYI for Becca and Maggie-

I am doing okay now in my 3rd week back in classes. Japanese is interesting but challenging. All the history classes I am in are looking like cakewalks. Miss you both very much. I hope all is well with you both.

Been expanding my social circle bit by bit- some friends will be graduating this year- so it will be tough. All in all though I am hanging in there.

Hope to hear from you and Becca soon! Always,
Dave

10:16 PM  
Blogger The Vampire, David said...

I miss you and Becca.

10:36 PM  
Blogger The Vampire, David said...

Hey Maggie! Hey Becca!

Just letting you know I am doing okay and missing you both lots.

School is going a little better than I expected - "A" in Asian Poltics mid-term and "B-" on Japanese! Way better than I expected.

Anyhow I hope you both are doing well and keeping sane. Just thought I'd give an update.

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home