Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Lady Emily insists I post again!

In case anyone's been following the Trouble in Paradise (read: angst in West Hartford) lately, the matter was solved last night. I felt a giant weight lifted off my back, went out to dinner to celebrate/relax, and then promptly vomited up everything I ate. I think the stress and lack of sleep finally caught up to me. After sleeping 10 hours, now the world looks newer and considerably brighter.

Why do I get the feeling this blog is becoming my Sick Journal?

Anyway, my birthday came and passed this weekend, and all things considered, it was pretty good. The parties were rather poorly attended due to logistical problems and stress, but there's not much you can do about that. (Thank you, Nick, for staying until 5 in the morning to entertain me after everyone left at midnight. Thank you, Jay, for bringing flowers and a friend. Thank you, Lily, for showing up both that night and the next day for Dim Sum. Thank you, Babette, for leaving a cake to attend when you couldn't that first night.) Becca wined and dined (and baked cheesecakes!) for me, which was excellent, I saw most people at least once, which was good, and I forced everyone to geek out with me for two hours, which was funny. And I got a pink Nintendo DS! I'm trying to decide what to name her and what Hana Kimi stickers to plaster her with. Actually, I made out like a bandit, present-wise--the DS and a new computer chair were from my parents (and a delayed sushi dinner, which is coming up this weekend), a 250 GB external hard drive filled with anime was from my friends (yes!), and birthday money bought me a cool DS game and cords that let me watch anything on my laptop on Becca's huge-ass TV screen. We spent the actual day of my birthday watching anime and the live-action Taiwanese Hana Kimi drama in her basement. Much love to Becca.

There's a lot of traveling/travelers coming up, so let me post some details:

THIS WEEKEND (2/8-2/11): Bennie's coming home to WH.
NEXT WEEKEND (2/15-2/18): Cat's coming home to WH.
NEXT-NEXT WEEKEND (2/22-2/25): Becca and I go up to Toronto maybe.

We'll have to see about the Toronto thing, but if it turns out we can't free up our schedule that weekend, we'll probably just push it off a few weeks. Come hell or high water, we're visiting again soon.

On that note, I'll also be forced to post again soon. Talk to you then.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sunita said...

*glee* so excited! As for pink DS...I think you should name it "Kano" or "Light"

3:54 PM  
Blogger The Vampire, David said...

Glad you had a great birthday Maggie. I tried calling you that Sunday, but your sis said you were out so I guess I missed ya. No worries. Just glad you were getting the weight off your shoulders finally.

My next book will be out soon and naturally it is dedicated to you and Becca (and my grandmother). My work means little if I don't have friends to share in my triumphs big or small.

Anyhow, I am happy that you got cool stuff. Enjoy!

P.S. if I had a pink thingie, I might simply call it "Blackie" just for wit and irony sake. Course if you want a girly-girl name... I suppose calling it "Bubblegum DS" sounds both anime-esque and pinkish.

10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home