Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Update and stuff for Nancy

Since this is the blog for people in real life, I don't feel obligated to state that I'm alive despite how long it's been since my last post. In case it wasn't obvious, writing useless crap here isn't my top priority in life.

I'm currently back in Toronto with Rebecca, living with Emily and Ana in a sweet bachelorette pad. Ana moves out any day now (a month earlier than we expected her to), which sucks, but she's got her own life to lead and we'll simply have to bribe her back to us with SWEET CUPPIN' CAKES. Becca got a job at the world famous comic store "The Beguiling," which is both teaching her about comics and letting her build up her upper-body strength (comics are heavy). I spent pretty much all of July getting a much-needed vacation and am now back to the usual--freelance comic book editing, which, when not combined with several other jobs and full-time school, is quite a relaxing profession. Things are definitely an improvement over the first half of 2007.

My migraine/dizziness/vomiting problem is much improved, although what proved to be the main source of the sick--a chronic neck problem--has a long way to go before it's fixed. I officially can't afford regular therapy anymore, so healing has to take place via home stretches, ice/heat packs, the occasional visit to a doctor or chiropractor (when I have money), and simply knowing when I have to sit differently or walk around or lie down with my head propped in a certain way. It's definitely a pain in the ass, and the aches and pains with my neck are worse now than they were before, but knowing what the problem is and having some control over it is a huge relief. I'm not dizzy or vomiting nearly as much anymore, which is what I hated the most. I can deal with my neck hurting for half the day if it doesn't mean I'm also going to be hunched over a toilet. (Although, of course, I look forward to the day where NOTHING is hurting or coming up. I actually think good health is a possibility now, so I'm going to stay positive.)

Also! I'm visiting West Hartford at the end of this week, for about a week. I should be coming in Friday night at, like, 9 pm, and hope to see the usual kids when they're free. I have a lot of things to do while I'm home, but at the very least I'll see Nick + Adam + Nancy + Lily + Jay while I'm there and can do another stuff swap (they still have stuff of mine and I still have stuff of theirs).

Speaking of stuff, I have something for Nancy:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/975xge

It's that music I promised, albeit very very late. Sorry! I figured you were busy preparing for, going to, and then recovering from Otakon, so I sat on that file for a while. I included in the zip file an "I'm sorry" comic addition, which is not to be looked at while someone could be looking over your shoulder. You know what that means.

My sister-in-law is now officially 5 days overdue to give birth. That means I expect to be an aunt within the week. Yessssss.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Vampire, David said...

Congrats on becoming an auntie!
(Better late than never I always say.)

Hope things improve some health-wise and sanity-wise. I am sure they will considering you will be in your Toronto enviornment, where the air smells more like freedom and the stress of living in Connecticut (Godforsaken hole) is past you. Say hello to Becca for me and kinda hug her for me if possible.

I'll keep posting on my livejournal and all. Keep an eye out!

10:19 AM  
Blogger The Vampire, David said...

My new book's webpage is up by the way- forgot to hook you up with it. Have a peek. And yes, the first excerpt is graphic, but not for long. 18 and over material.

(This is a site for a horror novel, part 2 of a series, if you don't like horror, I recommend not reading the excerpt.)

www.trafford.com/07-0167

"While the Wolves Cry" picks up right after some scenes from "Chasing Shadows" and immediately after "Dancing with the Moon". Book 3 of the series is coming soon.

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home